Ombuds Services

You can visit the NCWBH Ombuds website for additional information!

What is a Behavioral Health Ombuds?
Ombuds provide consumer advocacy to consumers of publicly funded behavioral health services and anyone applying for publicly funded behavioral health services. Ombuds assist consumers to ensure that their individual rights are honored and ensure publicly funded Behavioral Health services respond to consumer needs and wishes. NCWBH contracts Aging and Adult Care to provide and maintain Ombuds services to ensure objective and independent services are provided.

Who is eligible?
Anyone receiving or applying for publicly funded Behavioral Health Services from the North Central Washington Behavioral Health in Chelan, Douglas and Grant Counties is eligible for services. North Central Washington Behavioral Health and its subcontractors do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, HIV/AIDS, or disability. Ombuds services are provided free of cost to eligible persons.

How can Ombuds help?
The Ombuds acts as an independent advocate for you, including assisting you in filing a Grievance if you believe your rights to these services have been violated. Ombudsmen work to resolve concerns as quickly as possible at the lowest level required.

The Ombuds can:

  • Receive complaints from consumers, family members, and other interested parties
  • Assist in filing a Grievance with a network provider or NCWBH
  • Listen to, keep a record of, and investigate complaints and grievances
  • Research and investigate facts, policies, procedures, and laws relating to the problem
  • Assist in resolving the complaint informally, with the consumer’s consent
  • Advocate on behalf of consumers
  • Assist consumers through the grievance and fair hearing processes
  • Recommend changes to correct a problem or prevent future occurrences

The Ombuds cannot:

  • Give legal advice
  • Provide medical or clinical opinions
  • Provide case management or therapy

Contact NCWBH Ombuds Services
Aging and Adult Care of Central Washington
(ask for Behavioral Health Ombuds)
50 Simon Street SE
East Wenatchee WA 98802
Toll Free: 1-844-636-2038

NCWBH Ombuds Release of Information